Unconventional guide to balloon angioplasty
Coronary Artery Disease (CAD) is the most common heart diseases which caused due to deposition of fatty or waxy substance in the coronary artery which supplies oxygenated blood to the heart muscles. As the fat deposition progresses it leads to extreme narrowing of the artery which obstruct the path of blood flow. After some time the blockage gets worsted and the myocardium or heart muscles starts dying .This condition is called Myocardial infarction (MI) or Heart Attack.
Balloon Angioplasty procedure :
Balloon Angioplasty is done in catheterisation lab by cardiologists. They use a long cathter which has an elongated small balloon at the tip. After insertion they inflate the tip at the blockage site in the coronary artery. The balloon compressed the fatty substance or plaque in the artery and make path to blood to flow properly.
- Before going for balloon angioplasty as a routine blood test, an electrocardiogram (ECG) and x-ray should be taken.
- Patient are advised not to eat or drink anything which can affect blood – gas parameters.
- Special instructions should be given to the patient having diabetes and patient on anti-coagulation therapy.
- Patient should be lie down on the table under x-ray camera. ECG leads are connected which records patients electrocardiogram parameters.
- Mild anesthesia is given through IV line to relax the patient during procedure,
- A small incision is made in the skin to penetrate the catheter in the arm or leg artery.
- Cardiologists gently insert the catheter through radial artery into the heart which is guided by radio monitor. Once the catheter balloon reaches to the blockage area a dye is injected and will take the picture of coronary artery.
- After the exact location is ensured the balloon is slipped over the guide wire and fixed into the blockage and then balloon is inflated.
- The balloon compresses the plaque and make room for blood to circulate properly.
This is proper guide to balloon angioplasty by Dr Arora and Team. Hope you like this info. please share this info to your friends and loved ones and helps them living a healthy life. Ask your Question in Comment section or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your Problems Our Privacy.
Your Genuine reviews and opinions are much appreciated by Dr Arora And Team. Do Comment your Opinion how you rank our article and how we can increase our article strength and overcome shortcomings in comment section and we tried our best to fulfill your requirements.